BaySpec, Inc., a San Jose, California based instrumentation company is seeking a full-time individual with specialized skills and recent experience in ion source development. The candidate will participate on a team focused on new product development and new product introduction for advanced mass spectrometer products. Our existing customer base spans the traditional areas of optical spectroscopy and with newly developed technology we aim to revolutionize the utility and application of mass spectrometers. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved with prototype / proof-of-concept design, product development engineering, and manufacturing production for a new generation of mass spectrometer instruments.
- Design, simulate, and implement novel concepts ion source technology into an existing instrument platform.
- Participate on a small team to develop an ion source and atmospheric pressure interface (API) for a new ion trap mass spectrometer.
- Advise and assist in the design and execution of experiments to validate ion source performance system and sub-system performance if necessary; e.g. system electronics, vacuum system, ion detection, etc.
- Must be enthusiastic about new product development and willing to develop novel concepts in ion generation and ion transmission.
- Recent experience with low pressure electron ionization (EI) and atmospheric pressure interfaces (API).
- Previous experience with prototype design or product validation.
- Knowledge of glow discharge (GD) is a plus.
- Experience with ADI-MS sources is plus
- Comfortable working in a culturally diverse environment
- Familiarity with detection of explosives, narcotics, CWAs, etc. is a plus.
- Ability to adapt to a fast moving company and dynamic work environment.
- Good communications skills in English, both oral and written for technical documentation and reporting of experimental results.
- Must be able to present technical concepts and simulated or experimental results.
BS or above degree, with prior experience and an established portfolio demonstrating successful designs for ion source and or atmospheric pressure interfaces are required.
BaySpec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For immediate consideration please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canadian citizens are welcome to apply.