Director of Sales/Business Developments, Instrumentation business
BaySpec, Inc., a San Jose, California based instrumentation power house, a small but growing company is seeking an experienced Sales Manager While our customer base already spans from the traditional areas of optical telecommunication and NIR spectroscopy, we are changing and revolutionizing the ways of absorption/reflection, fluorescence, Raman, LIBS, Cavity ring-down, handheld and OCT spectroscopic instruments are applied. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to deeply explore commercial applications of miniaturized spectral devices. Candidates who have a passion for acquiring, applying and communicating practical knowledge to audiences of widely varying expertise will find plenty of opportunity for the professional growth. We are seeking Director/ Sales Manager join for marketing and selling company’s advanced photonics and spectroscopy products. The following position is available:
Director of Sales- Business Development Devices and Instruments
The responsibilities of the position are split between the following major functions:
1) identify strategic business segments 2) explore new business opportunities, willing to open up new frontiers 3) open minded, out-out going personalities, can be street smart, dare to so hi to people you do not know 4) Making sales calls, join sales trips multifunction, sometimes with a hat of director, sometimes with a hat of car salesman 5) supporting customers who are purchasing or about to make a purchase 6) be responsible for direct sales as well as leading and managing the manufacturer representative channels 7) aiding marketing in qualifying new markets 8) soliciting customers by phone or emails or face to face visits. Additionally, the successful candidate will be expected to represent BaySpec at trade-shows and exhibitions.
Qualified candidates will possess a college level degree and 5 years+ of industrial work experience with demonstrated sales and marketing expertise in in serving the analytical instrumentation, chemical engineering, semiconductors, medical devices, biomedical, biotech, defense & homeland security, pharmaceutical, laser instrumentation, solar and alternative energy, et al, industries and research and development areas are of most interests. The position is for a full time BaySpec employee located in the company’s headquarter in Silicon Valley.
BS, MS, or Ph.D degree in any one of the disciplines of Chemistry, Spectroscopy, Biology, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Chemical engineering, Mechanical Engineering or any other related physical science or engineering fields
Exceptionally qualified candidates will demonstrate expertise in the following areas:
- Understanding of the basic principles of photonics, spectroscopic instruments, examples would be: gratings, spectrographs, lasers, analytical chemistry or spectroscopic instrumentation, etc. Sales background and track records in high tech business, preferable analytical equipments, spectral components and analytical systems a plus.
- Be responsible for direct sales as well as leading and managing the manufacturer representative channel. This is accomplished by closing existing proposals, generating new opportunities, and expanding the representative network, particularly in the silicon valley, California, the US, and North America market
- Great interpersonal skills, communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Charming telephone manners, patience with customers and colleagues; down to the earth working attitude, a problem solver, able to perform sales tasks with an approach of ‘pick-up-it-and-run’
- Any familiarity with one or more of the spectroscopic techniques, such as Raman spectroscopy, fluorescence, Raman, LIBS, Cavity ring-down, UV, VIS, near infrared (NIR) spectroscopic applications or other spectroscopic applications would be a major plus.
- Can work well in a small company environment, be ‘street smart’, strong team player.
BaySpec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send resume to:
Human Resources: BaySpec, Inc. 1101 McKay Drive, San Jose, California
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWe have the following hot job openings: (click position to view more details)
- Sales Manager, Spectroscopic Devices and Instruments
- Director of Sales/Business Developments, Instrumentation business
- Mass Spec Instrumentation Scientist/Engineer: Ion Source Development
- Sales Manager/Applications Engineer – Semiconductor/Biomedical
- Sales & Marketing Assistant
- Experimental/Test/Application Scientist: Mass Spectrometry and MS Spectrometer