Optical Channel Performance Monitors (OCPM, OCM, OPM) – Wideband
BaySpec’s W-series wideband optical channel performance monitor (OCPM) is an embedded, integrated spectral monitor delivering precise measurement and powerful processing capabilities to dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) applications in an ultra-thin package size.
- Real-time optical performance monitoring over wide wavelength range
- Fast 20 ms response time for raw data
- High dynamic range: 50 dB
- Flexible, card-mountable design
- High reliability: no moving parts and GR-63/GR-1209/GR-1221 qualified and compliant with MIL STD 810F
- Athermal design
The device covers S-, C- and L- band wavelength ranges and provides simultaneous measurement at CWDM and DWDM wavelengths. High reliability (GR-1209/1221 qualified) is achieved through a rugged mechanical design with no moving parts. Periodic calibration is not required. Input/output (I/O) is provided through a dual port RAM interface accessed through ADD/DAT bus direct connection or serial (RS232 or USB) communications.
The OCPM Wideband employs a highly efficient volume phase grating (VPG®) as the spectral dispersion element and an ultra-sensitive InGaAs array detector, thereby providing high-speed parallel processing and continuous spectral measurement. As an input, the device uses a tapped signal from the main data transmission link through a single mode fiber, then collimates it with a micro lens. The signal is spectrally dispersed with the VPG®, and the diffracted field is focused onto an InGaAs array detector. The control electronics read out the processed digital signal to extract required information. Both the raw data and the processed data are available to the host through the chosen interface.
- Optical Channel Performance Monitors (OCPM, OCM, OPM)
- Optical Channel Performance Monitors (OCPM, OCM, OPM) – CWDM
- Optical Channel Performance Monitors (OCPM, OCM, OPM) – Thin