Optical Channel Performance Monitors (OCPM, OCM, OPM) – CWDM
BaySpec’s CWDM optical channel performance monitor (OCPM) is an embedded, integrated monitor that delivers precise measurement and powerful processing capabilities to coarse wavelength division multiplexing (CWDM) applications compliant with the ITU-T G.695 standard.
- Real-time optical performance monitoring of CWDM networks: 20 ms response time for raw data
- Flexible, card-mountable design for compact new system deployment: 68 mm x 96 mm x 15.8 mm
- High reliability: no moving parts and GR-1209/1221 qualified
- Athermal design enabling battery-operated handheld operation
- Legacy design stand-offs can also be accommodated
CWDM covers the full 18 channel ITU-T G.695 standard. CWDM technology uses fixed 20 nm spacing between the wavelengths, from 1310nm to 1610nm. High reliability (GR-1209/1221 qualified) is achieved through a rugged mechanical design with no moving parts. Periodic calibration is not required. Input/output (I/O) is provided through a dual port RAM interface accessed through ADD/DAT bus direct connection or serial (RS232 or USB) communications.
The OCPM CWDM employs a highly efficient volume phase grating (VPG®) as the spectral dispersion element and an ultra-sensitive InGaAs array detector, thereby providing high-speed parallel processing and continuous spectral measurement. As an input, the device uses a tapped signal from the main data transmission link through a single mode fiber, then collimates it with a micro lens. The signal is spectrally dispersed with the VPG®, and the diffracted field is focused onto an InGaAs array detector. The control electronics read out the processed digital signal to extract required information. Both the raw data and the processed data are available to the host through the chosen interface.
- Optical Channel Performance Monitors (OCPM, OCM, OPM) – Thin
- Optical Channel Performance Monitors (OCPM, OCM, OPM) – Wideband
- Optical Channel Performance Monitors (OCPM, OCM, OPM)