BaySpec’s SuperGamut™ series ultra-violet—near-infrared (UV-NIR) spectral engines are designed to meet real-world challenges for best-in-class performance, long-term reliability, compact size and ultra-low power consumption. Benefiting from experience manufacturing high-volume optical channel performance monitoring devices for the telecommunications industry, BaySpec’s spectral devices utilize high-performance, field-proven components. For the first time in instrumentation history an affordable, accurate and ruggedized spectral device is a reality.
- Covers wavelength ranges from 190-1100 nm
- Optimized TEC cooling
- Fast f/2 or f/3 optics for improved throughput with fiber input
- High throughput, transmission holographic Volume Phase Grating (VPG®)
- Factory calibration
- No moving parts
- Operates over wide -10 to +60°C temperature range
- Operates in high +85% relative humidity environments
- Hermetic-sealing option for operation in harsh environments
- Compact size
The SuperGamut™ series employs a highly-efficient holographic Volume Phase Grating (VPG®) as the spectral dispersion element and an ultra-sensitive CCD detector, thereby providing high-speed parallel processing and continuous spectral measurements. The devices utilize either a fiber optic input or free-space optical input arrangement, based on customer preferences.