The responsibilities of the position are split between the following major functions:
- Supporting customers who are developing their own chemical analysis applications and aiding marketing team in qualifying new markets and new area of applications
- Assisting the development of new products and analyzer applications, from hardware to software
- Helping sales team on developing and supporting new customers, assist on answering questions to new sales leads.
- Additionally, the successful candidate will be expected to represent BaySpec at technical conferences, trade-shows and exhibitions
Qualified candidates will possess analytical chemistry or chemical physics related degrees at BS/MS/PhD levels and two years plus of industrial work experience with demonstrated expertise in analytical chemistry and analytical instrumentations. Some experience in analytical spectroscopy is also required. Candidates with equivalent experience will also be considered. Exceptionally qualified candidates will demonstrate expertise in several areas:
- Familiar with various spectroscopic techniques, Raman, MicroRaman, near infrared (NIR) spectroscopic, SERS, FTIR, LIBS, cavity ring down, LIBs, pulsed or wavelength modulated spectroscopy, etc or other spectroscopic applications
- Familiar with any of the commercial chemometrics packages
- Good understanding of the principles of spectroscopic instrumentation, sampling, methodology, and test schemes
- Programming skills in MATLAB, LabView or other programming languages used for statistics and linear algebra are plus/desired but not required
BaySpec is a rapidly growing company in the Silicon Valley. While our customer base already spans the traditional areas of optical telecommunication and NIR spectroscopy, we are changing and revolutionizing the way of NIR and Raman spectroscopy are applied. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to deeply explore commercial applications of hermetically sealed, rugged, miniaturized NIR, VIS-NIR and Raman spectral engines. Candidates who have a passion for acquiring, applying and communicating practical knowledge to audiences of widely varying expertise will find plenty of opportunity for professional growth.
BaySpec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send resume to:
Human Resources: BaySpec, Inc. Fax: +1(408)512-5929